NEW Virtual Training from BARBARA KARNES, RN!
June 2nd, 9-9:30a
A conversation with Barbara Karnes, RN about providing End of Life Care during Covid-19
Join us for this 30 minute Q & A with Barbara Karnes, RN (Award winning end of life educator, thought leader and author of Gone From My Sight). Barbara will address your questions and concerns about the impact of the pandemic on end of life caregiving. What has been professionally challenging for you? What has been personally challenging? How do we provide quality, compassionate care from a distance? Join Barbara for a conversation about these and other pressing questions.
This program is generously offered by Ms. Karnes to WSHPCO and OHPCA members at no cost.
Barbara Karnes, RN, is an internationally recognized author, speaker, thought leader and expert on end of life care and the dynamics of dying. Barbara was recognized in 2018 as a Hospice Innovator by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and was named the 2015 International Humanitarian Woman of the Year by the World Humanitarian Awards.
Barbara’s experience as a hospice care provider at the bedside of hundreds of people, and as an administrator overseeing the care of thousands, led to the 1985 publication of Gone from My Sight: The Dying Experience. Affectionately referred to in the industry as the “little blue hospice book,” Gone from My Sight has sold over 25 million copies worldwide, is published in 12 languages, and remains the leading resource on the market today educating families on the signs of approaching death.
In 2015, Barbara’s film New Rules for End of Life Care was featured in film festivals around the world and was the recipient of 10 prestigious film awards.
Barbara’s other award-winning publications and films include:
- The Eleventh Hour: A Caring Guideline to the Hours to Minutes Before Death
- A Time to Live: Living with a Life-Threatening Illness
- My Friend, I Care: The Grief Experience,
- You Need Care Too: Self Care for the Professional Caregiver
- How Do I Know You? Dementia at End of Life
- A Place in My Heart: When Our Pets Die
- Pain at End of Life: What You Need to Know About End of Life Pain and Comfort Management,
- The Final Act of Living: Reflections of a Long-Time Hospice Nurse.
- Care for the Caregiver, DVD
- This is How People Die, DVD