Let’s talk about vaccines! For years there has been much fear and skepticism surrounding vaccines. The COVID-19 crisis has intensified this situation as a new vaccine is being developed. This webinar will clarify misinformation and improve agency compliance, patient health, and public safety.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the status of a COVID-19 vaccine
- Know how and when to implement a vaccine assessment tool
- Define who is considered high risk and a priority for vaccination
- Debunk vaccine myths
- Provide resources to patients and staff regarding which vaccines are critical, where to obtain them, and who pays for them
We live in an age of vaccine skepticism and are facing one of the biggest public health crises that require vaccine intervention. In less than a year, scientists and pharmaceutical industries around the world have rallied against COVID-19 and are chasing the first COVID-19 vaccine. Frontrunners are aiming for emergency use authorizations in early 2021. But concerns remain and amid that backdrop, top government experts are discussing safety and efficacy requirements, distribution plans, vaccine confidence, and more.
This webinar will present the facts surrounding COVID-19 vaccination, review the status of vaccine development, and what to anticipate once it’s available. It will also cover all critical and current vaccines available and recommendations for when to vaccinate based on disease status. Vaccines for flu and pneumonia continue to be recommended and may be in short supply due to the demand during the COVID-19 crisis. There is also a Vaccine Assessment Tool that agencies can implement for vaccine compliance. With proper education and information, agencies can dispel the myths and fears and better support the community, public health, patients, staff, and agency compliance.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for everyone in the agency who works with patients, the public, and staff, including CEOs, CFOs, human resources personnel, DOPCSs, DONs, clinical supervisors, quality assurance and infection control staff, case managers, clinical staff, chaplains, social workers, volunteer coordinators, and any team members providing education to patients and the community.
- Information Series for Adults
- What You Need to Know About COPD, Asthma, and Adult Vaccines
- Vaccines, Know What You Need
- 3 Important Reasons for Adults to Get Vaccinated
- What You Need to Know About Diabetes and Adult Vaccines
- What You Need to Know About Heart Disease and Adult Vaccines
- Shingles fact sheet
- Weblinks to recommended sites and tools by the CDC, HHS, and many others
- PDF of slides with speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.