Your membership in the Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization provides support for WSHPCO and its board members in its efforts to advocate for quality end-of-life care with the Washington State Legislature and regulatory bodies such as the Washington State Department of Health and Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Membership categories and online renewal can be found below. If you prefer to pay your Provider membership dues by check, please complete and return by US Mail your membership forms that can be found HERE.
Membership benefits include:
- Outstanding educational conferences focused specifically on needs of hospice professionals with reduced registration fees for members
- WSHPCO attendance and representation at the annual Hospice Advocacy Intensive in Washington, DC
- Access to educational programs through webinars and on-site training
- Subscription to WSHPCO eNews, an electronic report transmitted weekly, including state news of interest to providers and a roundup of what others throughout the country are writing about end of life issues
- WSHPCO website Directory listing for hospice and palliative care programs, which provides contact information about provider member agencies (for Provider members only)
Membership services include:
- Representation with state regulatory bodies through DOH, HCA and DSHS Roundtables
- Monthly networking calls for Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers, Hospice Medical Directors, those with QAPI/Regulatory responsibility, Public Policy, Volunteer Coordinators, Education & Conference Planning (for Provider members only)
- Monthly networking calls that are open to members and other interested groups: palliative care networking, pediatric palliative care (for Provider, Associate and Individual members)
If your program has signed up as a Provider Member, you can sign up for access here.
- Hospice Provider memberships are available to any public or private agency, entity, center, institution or any distinct part of these organizations which are listed by the State of Washington as hospice agencies or volunteer hospices and provide hospice care.
- Palliative Care Provider memberships are available to any public or private agency, entity, center or institution which is providing palliative care services, is recognized as a distinct palliative care program and is licensed by appropriate State oversight, if required.
Provider members have voting responsibilities and privileges. Membership dues are based on annual patient census of the provider.
Associate members are any other organizations interested in supporting hospice care and palliative care issues. Annual dues are $200.
Individual members include volunteers, board members, individual hospice staff members, and other individuals who have an interest in hospice and palliative care. Annual dues are $50.