Your membership in the Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization provides support for WSHPCO and its board members in its efforts to advocate for quality end-of-life care with the Washington State Legislature and regulatory bodies such as the Washington State Department of Health and Washington State Department of Social and Health Services. Your membership enables us to meet the continuing challenges we face together.
Membership categories and secure online renewal can be found below.
Membership benefits and services include:
- Representation with state regulatory bodies through DOH, HCA and DSHS Roundtables, providing frontline membership perspective on the many issues discussed: CoNs, long term care, drug take-back, Rural Palliative Care Initiative, Adult Palliative Care Rules, VSED, pediatric palliative care.
- Monthly or bimonthly networking calls for Provider members: QAPI/Regulatory, Inpatient Hospice Directors/Managers, Public Policy, Volunteer Coordinators, Education/Conference Planning, Hospice Medical Directors, PR, Marketing & Development, End of Life Health Equity (new in 2024).
- Monthly networking calls open to Provider, Associate and Individual members: Palliative Care Networking, Pediatric Palliative Care.
- Outstanding educational conferences focused specifically on needs of hospice professionals with reduced registration fees for members
- Reduced registration rates at both WSHPCO and Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association (OHPCA) conferences
- WSHPCO attendance and representation at the annual Hospice Advocacy Intensive in Washington, DC
- Access to wonderful educational programs through webinars and on-site training
- Subscription to WSHPCO eNews, an electronic report transmitted weekly, including state news of interest to providers and a roundup of what others throughout the country are writing about end of life issues
If your program has signed up as a Provider Member, you can sign up for access here.
- Hospice Provider memberships are available to any public or private agency, entity, center, institution or any distinct part of these organizations which are listed by the State of Washington as hospice agencies or volunteer hospices and provide hospice care.
- Palliative Care Provider memberships are available to any public or private agency, entity, center or institution which is providing palliative care services, is recognized as a distinct palliative care program and is licensed by appropriate State oversight, if required.
Provider members have voting responsibilities and privileges. Membership dues are based on annual patient census of the provider.
Associate members are any other organizations interested in supporting hospice care and palliative care issues. Annual dues are $500.
Individual members include volunteers, board members, individual hospice staff members, and other individuals who have an interest in hospice and palliative care. Annual dues are $50.