The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please use our DIRECTORY to find a hospice/palliative care provider near you.
Save the Date
- December 2021: WSHPCO’s online Light Up a Life campaign (through early January).
- April 19-20, 2022: Rescheduled fall conference and Spring Intensive: Regulatory Update at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA. Watch for details.
Networking Groups Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of January, March, May, September, November, 11a-12p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month (no meetings in May, July), 4-5p
Renew your WSHPCO Provider Member Renewal period begins. Our dues period is January 1-December 31 and you may pay your 2022 dues now! Renew securely online HERE. If you prefer to pay by check, please download your renewal forms to complete and return HERE. Thank you for your ongoing support of WSHPCO!
Congratulations, Anne Anderson for receiving the 2022 Margaret S. Lindsay Courageous Provider Award! The Award is given by Courageous Parents Network through the generosity of the Margaret Stewart Lindsay Foundation. The foundation provides help to many different causes—environmental and conservation organizations, the arts, support to those who are disadvantaged or disabled, the humane treatment of animals, to name a few. They also support organizations supporting families and children suffering from serious illness.
There’s still time to donate to WSHPCO’s Light Up a Life holiday fund and friend raising campaign! Purchase a symbolic light in honor or memory of someone special. Your contribution to the WSHPCO will help you celebrate the lives of loved ones during the holiday season and help us in promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. View the names of those being honored and remembered this year on our Light Up a Life Tributes page.
Meet the Associate Members of WSHPCO. A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of WSHPCO. Take a look HERE.
Learn about the Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
Washington Listens – a statewide supportive listening line for people experiencing elevated levels of stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Get information HERE.
CAPC Membership Discount – WSHPCO members are eligible to join the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) and receive a 15% discount for their first year of CAPC membership! Click HERE for membership information or email email@example.com.