Looking for helpful information about hospice, palliative care, advance directives and caregiving? Visit CaringInfo, the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization’s online resource for helping you make informed decisions about care and services.
The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (WSHPCO) does not provide patient care. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please use our Directory to find a care provider near you.
The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we do not provide direct patient care services, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
Networking Groups Schedule
Monthly networking calls for WSHPCO Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p (meeting 2/8 instead of 2/1 in February)
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 2nd Tuesday of March, May, September, November, 3-4p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA End of Life Health Equity Cohort, 2nd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Development, Public Relations & Marketing Networking: 4th Tuesday in February, April, June, October, 12-1p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Networking: currently on hold
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
SPRING INTENSIVE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN…The annual regulatory conference of WSHPCO & OHPCA is May 2-3, 2024 at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel. Please visit our information and registration page HERE. Book your hotel room at the Sheraton Portland Airport using their group reservation link HERE. Watch for more program information as it becomes available.
It’s WSHPCO Provider Member Renewal Time! Thank you for your ongoing support of the Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization. Your membership enables us to meet the continuing challenges we face together. Please find your member renewal information HERE. Due February 29, 2024.
Please save the date for 2024’s “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” Chelan Conference. We will reconvene at Campbell’s Resort October 21-22, 2024. If you like to plan ahead, you can reserve your hotel room now at Campbell’s Resort by calling 800-553-8225 with Group Block Number 688167. If you attended the 2023 program and session ideas are fresh in your mind, submit a Request for Proposal for 2024. The conference planning committee starts meeting in February to review proposals and develop session content. Thank you for your support!
Northwest Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition…for all children and families in the Pacific Northwest region facing serious illness to have access to comprehensive palliative care support through the duration of serious illness both in the hospital and at home in the community with the goal to prevent, anticipate and mitigate suffering. Learn more HERE.
Meet the Associate Members of WSHPCO. A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of WSHPCO. Take a look HERE.
Learn about the Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
Save the Date
- 2024 Webinar Schedule. Please view the webinars offered by webinar partner Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network HERE.
- May 2-3, 2024: “Spring Intensive: Regulatory Update” conference with OHPCA at the Sheraton Airport Portland.
- October 21-22, 2024: WSHPCO’s annual “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” at Campbell’s Resort in Chelan! Make your reservations now at Campbell’s Resort, 800-553-8225. Mention Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization with Group Block Number 688167 to take advantage of special room rates.