The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please call a hospice/palliative care provider in your area: FIND A PROVIDER
Save the Date
October 24, 2021:WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 2-5p (followed by dinner) at Campbell’s Resort in Chelan.
October 24, 2021: Hospice Providers’ Forum, 2-5p (followed by dinner) at Campbell’s Resort in Chelan. View registration information HERE.
October 25-26, 2021: “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” fall conference at Campbell’s Resort in Chelan. View registration information HERE.
December 3, 2021: WSHPCO Board of Directors Strategic Planning session, 12-3p
Registration is NOW OPEN for the Chelan conference this October! We will follow all state and CDC recommendations in place at the time of the conference. We ask that all participants wear a mask indoors at Campbell’s Resort and continue to encourage attendees to be fully vaccinated prior to conference arrival. This conference is being offered in person only; no virtual attendance. Thanks to our sponsors Bellevue Healthcare, EvergreenHealth Hospice and CareXM. View program registration and information HERE.
Vendor registration is open for the fall conference in Chelan! View the exhibitor/sponsor opportunities HERE.
Meet the Associate Members of WSHPCO. New! A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of WSHPCO. Take a look HERE.
Learn about the Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
Washington Listens – a statewide supportive listening line for people experiencing elevated levels of stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Get information HERE.
CAPC Membership Discount – WSHPCO members are eligible to join the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) and receive a 15% discount for their first year of CAPC membership! Click HERE for membership information or email email@example.com.
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of January, March, May, September, November, 11a-12p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Social Justice Work Group: 1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1p (no meetings in July or August)
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month (no meetings in May, July), 4-5p