The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please call a hospice/palliative care provider in your area: FIND A PROVIDER
Save the Date
January 8, 2021: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 9-11a (rescheduled from 12/4/20).
Black Friday shopping on Amazon! You can make an impact while you shop for Black Friday deals. Simply shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1251902 and AmazonSmile will donate to Washington State Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, at no cost to you.
Washington Listens – a new statewide supportive listening line for people experiencing elevated levels of stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Get information HERE.
Just Released – Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
CAPC Membership Discount – WSHPCO members are eligible to join the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) and receive a 15% discount for their first year of CAPC membership! Click HERE for membership information or email email@example.com.
CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) Covid-19 Webinars for WSHPCO members can be found HERE.
Hospice Foundation of America Covid-19 Webinars can be found HERE.
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p (December meeting on 12/8/20 at 3p)
- Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 9-10a (no meeting in July or December)
- Hospice Medical Directors’ Networking, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 12-1p (no meeting in March)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, June, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month, 4-5p