The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please use our DIRECTORY to find a hospice/palliative care provider near you.
Save the Date
- March is Women’s History Month, Disability Awareness Month and National Social Workers’ Month
- March 29, 2023: National Vietnam War Veterans Day
- March 30, 2023: National Doctors’ Day
- April 18-19, 2023: Spring Intensive: Regulatory Update, jointly supported by WSHPCO & OHPCA. At The Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA. View program information and registration HERE.
- October 22-24, 2023: WSHPCO fall conference in Chelan, WA. Watch for details.
2023 Spring Intensive registration NOW OPEN! Scheduled April 18-19, 2023 at The Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA. View program information and registration HERE.
It’s time to join or renew your WSHPCO Provider Membership! Please visit the Provider Member page to pay securely online with a credit card, or download the Dues Packet to complete and return with payment by US Mail or email.
2023 Chelan conference RFP released…Interested in joining the faculty this fall? Download, complete and return the Request for Proposal. Proposals are due July 21 and the conference dates are October 23-24 at Campbell’s Resort in Chelan.
Meet the Associate Members of WSHPCO. A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of WSHPCO. Take a look HERE.
Learn about the Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
WSHPCO Networking Groups Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 2nd Tuesday of March, May, September, November, 3-4p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p (no meeting in June, October, December)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January (meets 1/25/23 instead), March, May, July (meets 1:30-2:30 this date), September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- New for 2023! Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Thursday in January, March, May, September, November, 12-1p
- New for 2023! Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Thursday in February, April, August, October, December, 12-1p
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month (no meetings in May, July), 4-5p