The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please call a hospice/palliative care provider in your area: FIND A PROVIDER
Save the Date
September 22, 2020: “Regulatory Priorities for 2020 and Beyond” with Judi Lund Person, BA, MPH by webinar
October 25, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors TO BE RESCHEDULED.
October 26-27, 2020: Annual “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” conference CANCELED.
December 4, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 9-11a.
Throughout 2020: Western Washington University’s Palliative Care Institute offers a variety of different classes to the community; view their calendar HERE.
We’re welcoming Judi Lund Person by webinar in September; watch for details!
Nominations now open for annual Stu Farber Award. Download information + nomination form HERE.
WSHPCO’s fall conference “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” has been CANCELED.
CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) Covid-19 Webinars for WSHPCO members can be found HERE.
Hospice Foundation of America Covid-19 Webinars can be found HERE.
You can help WSHPCO earn donations just by shopping at Amazon Smile and Fred Meyer! Simply follow the links at the left to enroll, or click on the store links above. For Fred Meyer shoppers, please use NPO #82995 (you’ll need to insert this code after linking your Rewards card). That’s it! Happy shopping and thank you.
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 9-10a
- Hospice Medical Directors’ Networking, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 12-1p (no meeting in March)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, June, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month, 4-5p