The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please call a hospice/palliative care provider in your area: FIND A PROVIDER
Save the Date
April 3, 2020: HFA sponsored webinar “Making Funerals Meaningful in the Age of COVID-19”
April 17, 2020: Palliative Care Institute’s spring conference on Palliative Care Across Cultures in Bellingham. View program flyer HERE.
April 27-28, 2020: Spring Intensive Regulatory Update POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
May 1, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 11a-1p.
October 25, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 3-6p.
October 26-27, 2020: Annual “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” conference at Campbell’s Resort in Chelan. Watch for more information.
December 4, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 9-11a.
Throughout 2020: Western Washington University’s Palliative Care Institute offers a variety of different classes to the community; view their calendar HERE.
CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) Covid-19 Webinars for WSHPCO members can be found HERE.
2020 Spring Intensive Update: This program has been postponed until further notice; please check back for updates.
2020 Chelan Conference RFP out now! WSHPCO welcomes your presentation submission for the annual fall conference in Chelan. Find the pdf-version RFP HERE or the Word-version RFP HERE. Presentation proposals are due April 10; the conference is October 26-27, 2020.
You can help WSHPCO earn donations by shopping at Amazon Smile (see link box below) and Fred Meyer! Use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to sign up for their Community Rewards program. Link your Fred Meyer Rewards card to WSHPCO: https://www.fredmeyer.com/account/communityrewards/enroll. Log in to your account and enter WSHPCO’s NPO #82995. That’s it!
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 9-10a
- Hospice Medical Directors’ Networking, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 12-1p (no meeting in March)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, June, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month, 4-5p