The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please use our DIRECTORY to find a hospice/palliative care provider near you.
Save the Date
- December 2, 2022: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting
- October 22-24, 2023: WSHPCO fall conference in Chelan, WA. Watch for details.
November is National Hospice & Palliative Care Month! Contact a provider in your area to learn more.
Farber Awards presented at Chelan conference. Dr. Linda Wrede-Seaman was presented with the 2021 Award and WSHPCO Public Policy Director Leslie Emerick was presented with the 2022 Award at the WSHPCO fall conference in Chelan October 24-25.
What an amazing conference we just wrapped up! Over 160 attendees, 2 Farber Awards presented, new board members elected, 29 conference sessions over 2 days, a successful Silent Auction return…who could ask for more? Thanks to all who helped make the “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” comeback conference successful, engaging, energizing, thoughtful and inspirational! Looking forward to 2023.
Meet the Associate Members of WSHPCO. A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of WSHPCO. Take a look HERE.
Learn about the Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
WSHPCO Networking Groups Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of January, March, May, September, November, 11a-12p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p (June, October meetings CANCELLED)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July (meets 1:30-2:30 this date), September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a (April meeting CANCELLED)
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month (no meetings in May, July), 4-5p