The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we are not an actual hospice or palliative care program, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
WSHPCO is not a direct provider of hospice services. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please call a hospice/palliative care provider in your area: FIND A PROVIDER
Save the Date
September 24-October 19, 2020: Palliative Care Institute at Western Washington University would like to share information about a “Palliative Care Across Cultures” series of free upcoming webinars. Click HERE to learn more.
September 30, 2020: “New Options In Palliative Care: Psilocybin Therapy” webinar. Register HERE. Learn about new legislation being proposed in Oregon; discussion will cover psilocybin therapy as it stands to benefit end-of-life care in Oregon’s near future. No charge.
October 23, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 9-11a.
December 4, 2020: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting, 9-11a.
CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) Covid-19 Webinars for WSHPCO members can be found HERE.
Hospice Foundation of America Covid-19 Webinars can be found HERE.
You can help WSHPCO earn donations just by shopping at Amazon Smile and Fred Meyer! Simply follow the links at the left to enroll, or click on the store links above. For Fred Meyer shoppers, please use NPO #82995 (you’ll need to insert this code after linking your Rewards card). That’s it! Happy shopping and thank you.
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 9-10a
- Hospice Medical Directors’ Networking, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 12-1p (no meeting in March)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Network Planning: 3rd Tuesday in February, April, June, August, October, December, 7:30-8:30a
- Palliative Care Networking: 3rd Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September, November, 7:30-8:30a
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month, 4-5p