Looking for helpful information about hospice, palliative care, advance directives and caregiving? Visit CaringInfo, the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization’s online resource for helping you make informed decisions about care and services.
The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (WSHPCO) does not provide patient care. If you need immediate hospice or palliative care assistance, please use our Directory to find a care provider near you.
The Washington State Hospice & Palliative Organization (WSHPCO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to taking a leadership role in improving end-of-life care through education and advocacy efforts.
While we do not provide direct patient care services, we are dedicated to promoting and maintaining quality, compassionate care for those facing life-threatening illnesses. We do this by providing information and referral services to the public and by providing professional services for Washington State’s hospice and palliative care programs.
Networking Groups Schedule
Monthly networking calls for WSHPCO Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 1st Thursday of the month, 12-1p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 2nd Tuesday of March, May, September, November, 3-4p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p (no meeting in April)
- Public Policy: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 4-5p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, November, 2-3p
- WSHPCO & OHPCA Development, Public Relations & Marketing Networking: 4th Tuesday in June, August, October, December, 12-1p
Monthly networking calls that are open to both members and other interested groups:
- Palliative Care Networking: currently on hold until fall 2023
- Pediatric Palliative Care: 4th Wednesday of the month, 4-5p – No meeting in July
Chelan Conference Registration is now OPEN! Notices just went to via email; please view the 2023 “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” fall conference page HERE. The dates are October 23-24, 2023. We encourage you help WSHPCO meet it’s hotel room quota by reserving your room now: Call Campbell’s Resort, 800-553-8225. Mention Washington State Hospice & Palliative Care Organization with Group Block Number 625149 to take advantage of special room rates. You won’t want to stay anywhere else!
Northwest Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition…for all children and families in the Pacific Northwest region facing serious illness to have access to comprehensive palliative care support through the duration of serious illness both in the hospital and at home in the community with the goal to prevent, anticipate and mitigate suffering. Learn more HERE.
Meet the Associate Members of WSHPCO. A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of WSHPCO. Take a look HERE.
Learn about the Palliative Care Roadmap, created to help patients and the people they love sort through the experience of serious illness and conditions. Download Roadmap HERE; print instructions HERE.
Save the Date
- September 26, 2023: WSHPCO & OHPCA Development, Public Relations & Marketing networking meeting, 12-1p
- October 22, 2023: WSHPCO Board of Directors meeting in Chelan, WA.
- October 23-24, 2023: WSHPCO fall conference in Chelan, WA. View the conference information and registration page HERE.